Since returning from New York I have become somewhat obsessed with Acai Bowls! If you aren't familiar with the concept, it basically a thick smoothie bowl made from Acai Berry powder and topped with fresh fruit, nuts, seeds and whatever else you fancy. Acai Berries are packed with antioxidants making you feel amazing, they look amazing and taste amazing! They are mighty expensive to buy from a smoothie bar so I thought I'd write a quick post with a recipe so you can make them at home for cheaper.
- 1/2 Cup of milk (of your choice)
- Handful of frozen fruit x 2 varieties (traditionally banana & Strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon of Acai Berry powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Toppings: (this is the fun part and can be whatever you choose/have in stock)
Fresh fruit - sliced strawberries, sliced banana, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, mango, pineapple.
Nuts - crushed almonds, chopped pecans, peanuts, hazelnuts.
Seeds - chia seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds.
Other - cacao nibs, desiccated coconut, granola, oats, nut butter.
- Prepare your toppings.
- Mix frozen fruit, milk, acai berry and honey together in a blender.
- Arrange toppings to make a pretty pattern :)
- Take a photo to post on Instagram
- Eat and Enjoy!
Here are some more of my creations:
Just looking at these make me feel happy! Take a photo of your creations and post below, I'd love to see!