This is my Spicy Three Bean Casserole recipe. It's a healthy yet hearty casserole perfect for those cold evenings when you want comfort food without that guilty feeling that you've overindulged.
- Approx 500g Minced Beef
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 small Red Chili Peppers sliced
- 1 Tin of Three Bean Salad (cannellini beans, flageolet beans and adzuki beans)
- 1/2 Pint of beef stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (I used Lea & Perrins)
- 1 tsp English Mustard
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- Bed of Sweet Potato mash to serve (I mashed nutmeg into mine)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. Heat a lug of olive oil in a saute pan over a medium heat.
Once heated add the diced onion and soften for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the red chili pepper to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add Minced Beef, breaking it up gradually as it browns.
4. Once the mince has browned season to taste and add in the three bean salad. Add the beef stock, worcestershire sauce, mustard and tomato puree and bring to the boil.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Transfer to a suitable casserole dish and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Serve on a bed of sweet potato mash or brown rice :) Enjoy!